|Posted on March 12 at 1:51 am with 1,163 notes||Reblog|
- Cities shutting down the subway and refusing to lower bridges when potholes get too bad and nothing is done about them because hey that hurts and someone needs to fix it.
- Cities opening old abandoned subway stations and venting hot air above ground during the winter for the homeless population.
- Sidewalk blocks standing up to protect protesters from the police.
- Everyone feels safe running in the park at night because everyone knows one story about a guy who tried to mug/rape/attack someone and was dragged off by tree roots
- Subway stairs rolling themselves up and refusing to let anyone into the tunnels so that management is forced to listen striking train drivers.
- One weekend every summer the entire city is covered in chalk drawings the residents create as a thank you to the city that protects and cares for them so well. For weeks afterwards the sidewalks are covered in faint chalk marks until the next rain washes it all away.
- Each spring the city does it’s own spring cleaning, rain storms and strong winds sweeping the garbage out of alley ways and into piles for the garbage workers to come and collect.
- CITIES THAT ARE SELF AWARE FRIENDS
|Posted on March 12 at 1:12 am||Reblog|
Man I’m working on this modern greek gods story for Camp NaNo in April and it’s been so long since I’ve read the myths not to mention how they’ve changed over time shit
|Posted on March 12 at 1:09 am with 340 notes||Reblog|
don’t talk to me about black names being ridiculous when we live in a country where the last election was almost won by an incredibly successful and well-loved affluent white man called Willard Mitt
"Almost won" no even close
well he got closer than any of us did
Weird first names of white US Presidents:
You can’t get whiter than Herbert who names their kid Herbert
|Posted on March 11 at 11:59 pm with 1 note||Reblog|
sure, my username is irrayditation, is it more effective if we mutually request each other?
Yes. My username’s Raibean .
|Posted on March 11 at 11:54 pm with 1 note||Reblog|
wanna be my cabin-mate?
|Posted on March 11 at 11:43 pm with 1,630 notes||Reblog|
Heroes are important…they’re valuable, and I hate to see that eroded for anyone. What should be understood, though, is that no one is going to embody perfection…ever. I’ve done some shitty things in my life…so have you.
We’re all complicated…we’re all clawing our way through existence lucky to even begin understanding our motivations, much less our actions. That goes for the people I love and admire and idolize, too.
But what I’ve realized, as I’ve become a person that some people (oddly enough) idolize, is that we don’t really idolize people. We worship ideas that we project onto people. We worship the idea of talent, of success, of beauty, of poise, of humor, of perfection.
When we separate those things out from the person we’re projecting them on, we can learn a lot about ourselves…and what we find might not be particularly pretty.
And so I try to worship ideas I can be proud of…and even if the people I’ve projected them onto don’t turn out to be the best folks…the ideas are still great. Ideas like independence and equality and curiosity and kindness and dedication and joy and loyalty and love…that’s what I admire…and when I find people who embody those ideas…well…I’ll reblog their gifsets all day and night.
Don’t let anybody be your Margo Roth Spiegelman.
|Posted on March 11 at 11:41 pm with 1 note||Reblog|
Are any of you guys doing Camp NaNoWriMo?
|Posted on March 11 at 11:35 pm with 6,589 notes||Reblog|
|Posted on March 11 at 11:13 pm with 1,683 notes||Reblog|
i’m not going to apologize for the format this post has taken:
he used his popularity to manipulate and abuse a minor and for that HE DOES NOT DESERVE YOUR ATTENTION OR SUPPORT.
|Posted on March 11 at 11:51 am with 33,767 notes||Reblog|
And, y’know, kids dying.
Also…How to Train Your Dragon 2.